SQL - concatonating fields in different records

From: James Alexander Starritt <james_at_jamesstarritt.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:23:30 -0500

I know this question has been asked and answered on this forum, but I can't find the thread. I thought I would never need to do anything like this or I might have paid a little more attention.

I have a table with multiple names the are marked as sponsors in the rile column.

Name | Column

Bob          Sponsor
John         Sponsor
Kate         Client
Boris         Sponsor

What I would like to do is produce out put from this table in this form Bob, John, Boris. Forget decode for formatting I have that down, I was more wonding how to reference data from the same field but part of a different record.

As always, any help of advice would be appreciated, and if you find that thread let me know what its called.

--

James Starritt Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 14:23:30 CDT