stored procedures & parameters

From: Ian L <.NOSPAM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:05:14 +0100

I'm new to Oracle and not at all sure how to do the following:

I want to pass in various parameters to a stored procedure and use them as search criteria in a select statement (so far so good), the problem is that I may not want to use all the parameters depending on the data being passed in. For example if I pass in a zero value to one parameter then I do not want to include that section of the where clause. Can I dynamically build up the select statement in a stored procedure?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Ian Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 01:05:14 CDT