Re: sysdate for each inserted row

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:04:20 +0200

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:42:26 GMT, kilidire <yc_at_hwcn.org> wrote:

>Hi all,
>When designing the table , I didn't include a date field for each
>inserted row. Is there a sysdate function that can be called to find
>the date at which a row was inserted ? Thanks all.

There is not. How would you think that would work? Where would Oracle maintain that? In the datadictionary?
You *must* have that extra column, and give it the default value of sysdate, and that's the only way you will get it working.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:04:20 CDT