Re: ORA-01102 error

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:33:39 -0700

From metalink:

Here is the definition for the ORA-01112:  01112, 00000, "media recovery not started"

 // *Cause: An attempt to continue media recovery is being made but media
 // recovery was not started.
 // *Action: None.

 There are a couple of things to look for:

  1. Make sure the read/write permissions on the new database are correct.
  2. Make sure you have correctly set your SID to point to the new database.
  3. Look in the alert<SID>.log for additional errors.

The fact that you have just installed Oracle makes me wonder whether perhaps you were not logged on as Oracle when creating the directory structure or perhaps when creating or FTPing some files.

Daniel A. Morgan