determining parameters and values within PL/SQL error handling

From: Rick Westmacott <r_westmacott_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:32:21 GMT

I am doing some application error handling and I need to find a way to retrieve passed parameters and associated values from within a pl/sql common error procedure. This error procedure will be called in the WHEN OTHERS of all our application modules and I don't want to pass the input parameters to the error routine because we would have to make that change to roughly 1000 modules. I can pick up the calling package/procedure name but I also need the calling parameters/values. We are using the Oracle Web server to generate our web pages and are using the POST method.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I know this information must be kept somewhere (besides wrb.log), but I can't seem to locate it. Maybe V$ tables?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Received on Mon Apr 23 2001 - 20:32:21 CDT