Re: Trainning books

From: <pery911_at_hotmail>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:00:54 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your time.
I'm not looking for anything in particular; just to learn how to program a Database (preferably Oracle) using C++. I Say Oracle because I think that it is the most used DB. Am I right?
And would you recommend the book that I mentioned (off course if you know it)? Otherwise, wich one would be the best for me to start learning DB? (programming not administration).
Kind regards,
Tony Lima Saude
Glenvista, Johannesburg
South Africa
There is no place like http://www.home.com

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3AE38DEB.EC5BEACE_at_exesolutions.com...
> What you can do in C ... you can do in C++. What other capability were you
> looking for?
>
> Daniel A. Morgan
>

> "pery911_at_hotmail" wrote:
>
> > Greetings to all,
> > I'm a C++ programmer and I'm looking for a book that can teach me how to
> > program calls to ORACLE in C++. I found some books in C, Java, Cobol,
 and
> > many other languages, but nothing in C++.
> > Can anybody help me here? Are the calls in C the same as in C++? And why
> > aren't any (at least that I know) books in C++? Doesn't Oracle support
 it?
> > Also, I'm interest in this book: SQL, The Complete Reference (for
 Oracle,