Re: VB6 App using RDO on Win2k

From: David Kennedy <kenneddj_at_nospam.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:52:51 -0400

Thanks for the try, but no dice on either. The offending code looks something like (not exact, I can't remember the exact syntax, but maybe this will help anyway):

dim qry1 as rdoQuery
Set qry1 = rdo.createQuery("{Call owner.procedure(?,?,?)}")

qry1(0).type = <type constant>
qry1(1).type = <type constant>
qry1(2).type = <type constant>

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

James Clement <jclement_at_flash.net> wrote in message news:7ehE6.1842$oQ6.347640882_at_newssvr16.news.prodigy.com...

> "David Kennedy" <kenneddj_at_nospam.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > My company just recently started updating some PCs to Win2k. We have an
> > application which uses VB6, and RDO 2.0 to access an Oracle 7 Database.
 It
> > uses CreateQuery (?) and rdoQuery.Type (?) to access and pre-create
 calls
> > some Oracle stored procedures (sorry, I know I'm probably not using
 correct
> > terminology, but I'm not very familiar with RDO). This has been working
> > fine, but when we've tried to install the application on a system which
 uses
> > Win2k, we get an error number 40041, "Object Collection: Cannot find
 item
> > identified by text". I feel fairly certain this is caused by Win2k, but
> > pretty much am stuck as to how to fix it.
> >
> > The users have the latest version of the msrdo20.dll. We have tried
 using
> > an administrator account (we've seen problems with this before in
 Win2k).

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/vbasic/rdo98/rdmsgcollecnotfo