Re: questions

From: news.qwest.net <chris_at_databaseguy.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 17:36:24 -0500

Hello C.K.,

There are 5 exams for the Oracle DBA certification. For Oracle8i, you can get details at
http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?ocptracks.html. As for 2 years being enough, it really depends on the individual. As an Oracle trainer, I've seen one person get certified about 6 months after he started learning his DBA skills! The exams are pretty straight-forward if you know the material - they are intended not to identify outright gurus, but rather to identify people who have learned the material at a certain minimum level of compentance that Oracle wants OCPs to have. Good luck!

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Leonard