VB6 App using RDO on Win2k

From: David Kennedy <kenneddj_at_nospam.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:21:24 -0400

My company just recently started updating some PCs to Win2k. We have an application which uses VB6, and RDO 2.0 to access an Oracle 7 Database. It uses CreateQuery (?) and rdoQuery.Type (?) to access and pre-create calls to some Oracle stored procedures (sorry, I know I'm probably not using correct terminology, but I'm not very familiar with RDO). This has been working fine, but when we've tried to install the application on a system which uses Win2k, we get an error number 40041, "Object Collection: Cannot find item identified by text". I feel fairly certain this is caused by Win2k, but pretty much am stuck as to how to fix it.

The users have the latest version of the msrdo20.dll. We have tried using an administrator account (we've seen problems with this before in Win2k). I have fairly exhausted the knowledgebase, and am running out of options, other than suggesting backing out of Win2k (not a very PC thing to do at this point). So, any help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 21:21:24 CDT