compute of 'experssion' (amended)

From: <hanton32_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2001 17:24:03 GMT

win 95 using personal oracle 7

I am creating a report in SQL*Plus that looks like this :

feed              product#       balance     wbal     rate
123                dddd          1234         1223    5.5
                   eeee          2222         222     6.7
total of feed :                  234455      34223

I would like to derive the rate total as being wbal/balance ?

but not the wbal and balance from my SELECT but the values from the compute statement.

compute sum label "Total for Feed:"
of "balance" "WBal" on Feed

In other words I want 'total wbal'/'total balance'. In the above example I would like the total of feed under rate to be :

34223/234455

any help appreciated