Re: hbest way to save html files in oracle ? clob ?

From: Galen Boyer <gboyer_at_primix.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2001 21:12:06 -0500

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, yc_at_hwcn.org wrote:

> hat about if I want to use it for updating an html daily with
> an automatic process, like grab it from a place on the network
> to update a page on the website. Also, would that be a good way
> to implement a search engine for those clob html pages.
>
> Someting like if select html_page where html contains('clob') ;

You might want to look into the Cartridge, context server. Oracle allows you to maintain many different formats of files in directories on the file system and then it will build an index table that can then be queried with the location of the file brought back as the output.

Is this what you might be looking for?

--
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?
I want to be the piece of glass.