Re: Scripts for creating 2nd instance under Oracle8

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:39:52 -0700

This will get you started as far as creating the SYSTEM tablespace though you will need to have your initSID.ora file already.

spool e:\oracle\81\admin\oracle\create\build.log

CREATE DATABASE orabase
CONTROLFILE REUSE
LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('e:\oracle\oradata\logs1\oralogG1A.ora',

                  'e:\oracle\oradata\logs1\oralogG1B.ora') size 1M
reuse,
         GROUP 2 ('e:\oracle\oradata\logs2\oralogG2A.ora',
                  'e:\oracle\oradata\logs2\oralogG2B.ora') size 1M reuse

DATAFILE 'e:\oracle\oradata\orabase\system01.dbf'

   SIZE 125M
   AUTOEXTEND on
   NEXT 25M
   MAXSIZE 250M
  MAXDATAFILES 100
  MAXINSTANCES 2
  NOARCHIVELOG
  CHARACTER SET US7ASCII; spool off

The above from a Windows build. If on Windows you will need to use ORADIM to create the services before building the SYSTEM tablespace. Do a STARTUP NOMOUNT. Run the script and then run catalog.sql, catproc.sql, and pupbld.sql being sure to read the instructions in the header before executing them. You will also need to create the other tablespaces for your instance as well as creating users, etc.

Daniel A. Morgan