Re: oracle8 mat. view support

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:03:17 +0800

"Loki" <rinze_cats_at_hotmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó news:9bi3b2$2n4t0$1_at_reader03.wxs.nl...
> Does oracle8 support materialized views??
>
> I know oracle 8i does, but I'm not sure about oracle8. I don't see why not!
>
> A materialized view is nothing more than a summary table, right?

No, of cause.

> If mat. views aren't supported by oracle8, is it possible to just define a
> table containing the same aggregates (and then: what is the difference with
> a summary table=mat view ??)

Summary tables are only one of the usage of snapshots. Take a look at the Oracle8i Concepts, chapter schema objects for details. I don't want to quote the contents. Received on Thu Apr 19 2001 - 04:03:17 CDT