Oracle Advanced Queues Java API

From: Rajesh Kandaswamy <rajeshkan_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:52:47 -0400

Hi all

I am trying to build a proof of concept with this and am getting an error(at the bottom of this mail). Could somebody help ? Here are the details. Thanks in advance.

  1. Changed the init.ora file to include AQ_TM_PROCESSES = 2 and JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES = 2 for the queue handling and SNP processes.
  2. Created a user to administer the queues 'aq' with permissions on 'dbms_aq'.
  3. Created a type object(TypeA), a queue table for TypeA with a table and started the queue.
  4. Created a user object to use the queues - aqjava with execute permissions on dbms_aqadm and dbms_aq and also gave "javauserpriv" to aqjava.
  5. Loaded the Java AQ API with "loadjava"
  6. Tried to create a session in Java(tried jdk1.2.2 and jdk1.3) with
    "aq_sess
    = AQDriverManager.createAQSession(db_conn);" where db_conn contains a valid connection using the thin driver.

This gives me an "AbstractMethodError". A) getMessage() on the error object: returned
"oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleConnection.getTypeMap"

B) the stack trace prints this:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleConnection.getTypeMap

	at oracle.AQ.AQOracleSession.<init>(AQOracleSession.java:84)
	at oracle.AQ.AQOracleDriver.createAQSession(AQOracleDriver.java:67)
	at oracle.AQ.AQDriverManager.createAQSession(AQDriverManager.java:182)
	at Employee.createSession(Employee.java:117)
	at Employee.main(Employee.java:37)

I think the problem is probably in my Java code and not even in my Queue implementation, but I am not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

bye
rajesh

                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.