Personal Oracle on Win "Me"? - YES you can.

From: Devin Santo <Drsanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:48:00 GMT

Yes, you can install Personal Oracle on Windows Millennium edition... (see below)

Okay, here's the work around that allows the install... It's actually pretty simple:
I will post it here and elsewhere for other Me users...

Open your Win.ini, scroll down some until you see [Compatibility95] Under that heading, type or paste this string... JREW=0x00080000 close it, save changes and try starting the installation again. This worked for myself and someone else who was also having difficulties installing the software. I don't know the how or why, just that I now have the software installed.... Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 23:48:00 CDT