Re: Search in all Tables in Oracle 8i

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:59:00 GMT

Kai,

There is no native way, i.e no query like:   SELECT column_name FROM all_tables WHERE column_name CONTAINS 'foo';

To do this, you'll have to use PL/SQL and dynamic SQL (EXECUTE IMMEDIATE). In short, you'll have to code a routine that will accomplish your goal.

HTH,
Brian

Kai Niebergall wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm needing your Help. I've to search all tables in the DB for an entry
> (something like: "find all collumns containing 'foo'"). Is there any
> possibility to do that without make for each table an sql query?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kai

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at