Re: Project Organization within an Instance

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:27:42 -0700

Within the instance create a single user for each schema (project). That user is the only user that builds any object associated with the project.

Grant access to those objects to the other users each with their own user name. Do not let them build any objects using their name or it will be part of a separate schema. One person, and only one person, should have the ability to log on as the "project" and build objects.

Developers love to make messes. DBAs hate to clean them up. If you are the manager/DBA on this project run a tight ship and you will save yourself from a nightmare.

Daniel A. Morgan