Re: Help - accidentally deleted tablespace file

From: Andrew Simkovsky <asimkovsky_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:03:46 -0400

At the server manager, startup mount, then do the following:

ALTER TABLESPACE ts_name OFFLINE;

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'filepath_name' OFFLINE DROP;

DROP TABLESPACE ts_name;

ALTER DATABASE OPEN; Then immediately take a full offline backup, including controlfiles.

Andrew Simkovsky

OCP DBA <zaq_at_abc.com> wrote in message news:9bf8ft$ac6$1_at_news.netmar.com...

> I am running Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris.
> I have a database with a number of tablespaces. In
> one tablespace which has just two indexes in it,
> I dropped the indexes, forgot to drop the tablespace,
> then did a (Unix) rm to remove the
> file that the tablespace was created with.
> Now, when I try to do a dbstart, I get errors
> ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 23 - data not found
> ORA-01110: data file 23: (path to the file I deleted)
>
> and I cannot get into sqlplus -
>
> ORA-01033: ORACLE intialization or shutdown in progress
>
> I can't restore the file from backup because I just created the
> tablespace today, and the backup job runs tonight.
> How do I undo my mess?

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.net Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 13:03:46 CDT