Quick question about table partitioning?

From: Kev.- <java2e_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 02:09:47 GMT

Hello,

The table I have will become very large over time 50+ million rows. Would I be better off partitioning the table to get better performance? If I do this how much speed can I gain from it?

Also I know I have to re-create the table but can I do an insert into select * from x even though there is a CLOB column invloved?

I figure if I have the partitions on the category ids this would help the query as it would only have to search on that category within the partition. but how would it work if I wanted to search across multiple categories at one time?

Thanks,

Kev.- Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 21:09:47 CDT