Re: Question: Views and Use of Stored Procedures

From: Ray Vonhollen <RVONHOLLEN_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 13:27:22 -0700

Frank,

Thanks for the wonderful example. It was what the doctor ordered! I read up on the Pragma Restrict_Refereces and the various switches one could pass to it.

To further extrapolate on the functionality of wrapping a Function/SP within a Package, is there a way in which a Function or Procedure can also (a) Update a Tables Column and then (b) return that columns updated result?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated. Wonderful example!