Question: Views and Use of Stored Procedures

From: Ray Vonhollen <RVONHOLLEN_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:04:11 -0700

Can a View contain a call to a Stored Procedure or Function (Funtion w/a Return Value)?

I heard this can be done, but have searched and found no information/examples to support this thus far.

As an Example:

CREATE VIEW "CLARIONSTOREDVIEW" (
    "QUANTITY","ITEMNUM","NEW_DISCOUNT") AS     SELECT QUANTITY,CLARIONITEM.ITEMNUM,DISCOUNT AS NEW_DISCOUNT     FROM CLARIONCLIENT,CLARIONORDERS,CLARIONITEM,CLARIONPRODUCT     WHERE CLARIONCLIENT.ACCNUM = CLARIONORDERS.ACCNUM (+)     AND CLARIONITEM.ORDERNUM = CLARIONORDERS.ORDERNUM I want to use a Stored Procedure or Function to Calculate DISCOUNT and have my View use that SP (Out Value) or Func's Returned Value.

If it can be done, a minor example would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ray- Received on Sat Apr 14 2001 - 00:04:11 CDT