Oracle & Web Development

From: Murphy <Murphy_at_xyz.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:02:19 GMT

Hello,

Any advice on how to structure Oracle for use in a 3-tier web application? I have always used MS SQL Server/COM/ASP and am really intrigued with packages and stored functions. I'm thinking that it would be best to use stored procs everywhere I can. I would also like to cache some common data in Oracle memory so as to keep from having to select the same data for each time the ASP is built. I also would like to structure things so that adding new fields to tables has a little impact as possible. So could I a package to have a level of abstraction between the producer and consumer?

thanks,
MurF Received on Fri Apr 13 2001 - 20:02:19 CDT