Coexisting Oracle 7.3.4 and 8i on Solaris

From: Philippe Gauthier <elfelip_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:57:36 GMT

Hello

I have 5 differents databases using Oracle 7.3.4 on my Solaris system and I have to migrate one of them to Oracle 8i. The remaing databases must stay on Oracle 7.3.4. I know that I have to install Oracle 8i on a different ORACLE_HOME and migrate my database with Oracle 8i tools. Is anyone have hints what is the best way to do that and how I have to configure my starting scripts to start automatically all the Oracle 7 and 8i databases an listeners on boot time.

Thankyou. Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 08:57:36 CDT