Help with table design (easy?)

From: Sean Dolan <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:21:04 -0600

Oracle 8.1.7 platform.

I have a table called SYS_GROUPS that has a primary key of the groupname as shown below:

GrpName

Descr

A group can have control over other groups. How do I build a table to represent that? I thougha circular reference via a FK to grpName would work but that only allows control over 1 group. I basically need a many to many relationship, but how can I build a table that looks like:

GrpName
GrpName

You can't have the same column name twice. Any ideas?

Thank you.
Sean Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 09:21:04 CDT