creating table spaces

From: maz <maz_at_savvion.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:22:11 -0700

Hi,

I just created 2 tables, let's call them X and Y by using "create tablespace" command. each created 1 file let's call them X.ORA and Y.ORA. NOW... I dropped both table spaces by "drop tablespace" and I commited my
transaction. Strange thing is that, the tablespaces where dropped from the dba_tablespaces table but the .ORA files were not removed. can I removed these files manually? (knowing that no user is using those tablespaces)

-maz

--

Maz Mohammadi			 Senior Member of the Technical Staff
mailto:maz_at_savvion.com					(408)330-3101
http://www.savvion.com	     				 Savvion Inc.

"Ask not what your programmer can do for the company! Ask what the  company can do for your programmer."