Does Oracle Apps communicate using Net8?

From: Chin-Sim Kang <kang_at_cti.zko.dec.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2001 19:38:48 GMT

Hi,

I'm studying a firewall setup where the OA users are out on the Internet and the web server is in a DMZ. The first firewall filters out all traffic except for HTTP traffic. What I do not know is how would the 2nd firewall filter out only the OA requests from all the HTTP traffic? I know of firewalls that is able to secure SQL*Net or Net8 application proxy. Does OA use Net8 for communication? Has someone ever set up such a firewall system? I would appreciate hearing 'bout your experiences.

Thanks.

Chin-Sim Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 14:38:48 CDT