Re: sizing request - help!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:30:50 +0100

I think partitioning by age would be a big problem - what do you do with families ? Perhaps you should give them their own special space, and make the whole family sit in a cluster.

Of course if the passengers are all sorts of different sizes you then have to worry about constraints - do you want to take the pessimistic approach and use seat-belts, or the optimistic approach and use air-bags.

I've realised that there is an alternative to the reversing issue - you can get custom vehicles built with a driver's cab at both ends. I'm not sure if you need a special licence to drive one though, or whether two ordinary licences would do, but it does avoid the issue of turning the bus round at the end of the journey.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

<987083202.20382.0.nnrp-02.c30bdde2_at_news.demon.co.uk>...