Re: ORA-6413 ????

From: <xmark.powell_at_eds.com.x>
Date: 12 Apr 2001 13:20:23 GMT

In article <3ad4892f_4_at_news2.prserv.net>, Robert Friedl <robert.friedl_at_wetzer.endress.com> writes:
>Hi !!
>
>Installed a Oracle V8.0.5 Client (Net8) on a Win95 PC.
>When trying to connect to the server (V8.0.3 on Win NT4) with SQLPlus i
>receive
>an error message:
>
>ORA-6413: Connection not open
>// *Cause: Unable to establish connection.
>// *Action: Use diagnostic procedures to ascertain exact problem.
>
>What's wrong ????
>
>Robert

I think that 'Use diagnostic procedures to ascertain exact problem.' is telling you that Net 8 was unable to even get a connection. Look for a sqlnet.log trace file to find more information. Verfiy that the PC in question has a working network connection and that there isn't a fire wall between it and the Oracle destination that has to be configured to allow communication to pass through. Then if necessary use whatever diagnostic tools are available to trace what is happening. Good Luck.