Re: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ()

From: Steve Bell <swayne.bell_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:53:25 GMT

Hi Bryan,
When I do that I get a couple of errors, one specifying owner.table.column and the second indicating the trigger failed, like this:

ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("STEVE"."TESTNULL3"."COL3")
ORA-06512: at "STEVE.NULLFAIL", line 2
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'STEVE.NULLFAIL'

If you could post your trigger code, I'll see if I can duplicate the problem you're having.

Hope this helps,
Steve