ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ()

From: bryan munday <bardy_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:46:02 -0400

Dear all,

I have created a simple trigger to insert some data into a table when data is
edited. The trigger compiles successfully however when I try and update teh relevant table, I get the 1400 error message. According to the manual I should get a listing of the owner table and trigger name instead of the () in
the message. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

I am using 8.0.5 on NT

Thanks

Bryan
bardy00_at_hotmail.com

The trigger is:
create or replace trigger Inc_Date
after UPDATE on bryan_trk.vct_errorstatus_update FOR EACH ROW
WHEN (new.CTV_DSTATUS in ('CN','RM','RP')) BEGIN
   INSERT INTO query.inc_date_update

      (recid, pxlpid1a, discrep_status, inc_date, discrep_no,protocol)    VALUES     (:new.ctv_discr_recid,:new.pxlpid1a,:new.ctv_dstatus,:new.ctv_status_change_ dt
,:new.ctv_error_id,'BRYAN_TRK');
END;
/

                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.