DML job queue problem

From: Craig Taylor <craigtaylor2_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:43:19 GMT

Hi,

I have created a .sql file which creates a strored procedure to sync my intermedia index on a job queue. The problem I am having is that my jobs seem to just stop, and disappear after a couple of days. Here is what I do to set up my job queues:

  1. start my ctx server unix command line prompt:
    >ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys -personality M -log ctx.log &
  2. load my .sql file: ////////////STORED PROCEDURE
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PROD_INDEX_SYNC  IS
BEGIN
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE
                'ALTER INDEX PROD_INDEX' ||
                ' REBUILD'                                    ||
                'PARAMETERS ( ''SYNC'')'      ;
END PROD_INDEX_SYNC;
/

///////////CREATE JOB QUEUE VARIABLE JOB1 NUMBER;
BEGIN

        DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT
                    (:JOB1,
                        'PROD_INDEX_SYNC;'.
                        ((SYSDATE +1) + 710/1440));
        COMMIT;

END;
/

Everything loads up fine, and the jobs show up when I select job from user_jobs, but if I manually run it using DBMS_JOB.RUN(12); the job disappears (when I select job from user_jobs). It also will just disappear after a few days. I'm not really sure what is happening.

I appreciate the help,

Thanks,

Craig

--
One day Chao-chou fell down in the snow, and called out, "Help me up! Help me up!"
A monk came and lay down beside him. Chao-chao got up and went away.