Re: sizing request - help!

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:15:51 GMT

in article 986983195.3089.0.nnrp-09.c30bdde2_at_news.demon.co.uk, andrew_webby at hotmail at spam_at_no.thanks.com wrote on 4/11/01 2:59 AM:

> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the appropriate NG, but I've seen lots of similar
> questions lately and hope this is OK... ;-)
>
> I'm organising a journey and am looking to transport around 40 people a day.
> I'm looking at the following bus. It has four wheels and runs on diesel with
> an 8i engine. The bus is red, has 50 seats (I have an eye on the future...)
> and the journey I intend to take it on consists of (probably) mostly slight
> inclines. Obviously, coming back will be the reverse. Also, how many
> sandwiches can I expect to be eaten concurrently and will the crumbs roll to
> the back causing any forseeable problem/backlog?
>
> My question is, how long will the journey take and what sort of performance
> can I expect? I'm no bus driver (obv.!), but it all rests on my head to size
> this transport appropriately!
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andrew :-)

Hmm - will the people be equally spread around the bus or will they all sit in clumps.Is there any significant skew towards one side of the bus or the other. Are all the people approxiametly the same size ? Do some of them not exist yet ? At stops, will they all want to get of the bus singularly or together. And do you need to know where the bus just was, or is this information not important to you ? Received on Wed Apr 11 2001 - 22:15:51 CDT