Re: Problems when exporting from 8.1.6 and importing on 8.1.5

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:43:30 +0100

Markus

Can you use EXP from 815 to export from 816 database? That should work according to NG folklore. Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can run the 815 ?/rdbms/admin/catexp.sql on your 816 database to build 815 compatible export scenario, but I wouldn't be the one to have to test that...

Andrew

"Markus Böhmer" <markus.boehmer_at_schaefer-shop.de> wrote in message news:3AD1BC45.10A1FE3F_at_schaefer-shop.de...
> Hi Folks,
>
> I try to import an exportfile generated with Oracle 8.1.6 into an 8.1.5
 database.
> The error messages are the following:
>
> IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification
> Cause: Either the file was not generated by Export or it was corrupted.
> Action: If the file was indeed generated by Export, report this an
> Import bug
> and submit the export file to customer support.
>
> IMP-00021: operating system error - error code (dec num, hex 0x num)
> Cause: An operating system error has occurred.
> Action: Look up the referenced message in your operating system-specific
 Ora-cle