Re: Intermedia queries slow any ideas?

From: timkarnold <timkarnold_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:57:38 GMT

How big is your sga and shared pool?
250121216 was a default shared pool size I'd file and Itar on Metalink if problem persists. Were you ever on 8.1.6?

This was posted on Metalink -

I already read all the stuff in Oracle Metalink and Oracle Technet. Things I already tried:
I am using the /*+ FIRST_ROWS */ hint.
I analyze all my tables and the intermedia index tables constantly. I don't sort by any other column other than SCORE. I increased the sort_area_size.
I cached the $r tables.
I know about the bug that causes locks somethimes on the archive tables when they are analyzed.
I rebuild the index and optimize it constantly (but it only helps to prevent even worse performance over time).
The tables are not fragmented and have enougth storage.

And still after all that the queries runs slow.