Re: Assigning a variable to a table name in FROM statement ???

From: Martin Drautzburg <drautzburg_at_altavista.net>
Date: 11 Apr 2001 03:38:37 +0200

"Bernhard Acke" <ba_at_metropolis.de> writes:

> I want to get the number of datasets from a different tables, where
> table names are stored in a separate table.

Bernhard,

just in case ...

You may also want to ask yourself, why you need to do this in the first place. I would consider the need to have variable tablenames a very very rare situation. I have seen this only in administrative batch processing. If that is the case - fine, use dynamic SQL.

Otherwise you may have spotted a design flaw. Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 20:38:37 CDT