Trouble w/ Oracle 8 Navigator.

From: Brian Walden <ruhockey7_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:19:05 -0500

New to the Oracle world. Eventually, i need to connect to an oracle 8i lite database on NT from a client machine through the OLE DB provider that oracle has on thier web site. Hopefully this is possible.

The first problem that i have is with the Navigator. When I try to click on the default oracle lite database i get the error:

ORA-01017 invalid username/password: login denied.

In addition, when i right click on the default database and show properties, it tells me that the path to the database is c:\orant\oldb40\testdb1.odb. Shouldn't that read c:\orant\oldb40\polite.odb. Can i change the path? Testdb1 was the name of a test database and somehow the default database started to point to it.

When trying to create a new database in navigator it seems to work, but when i click on the new database i get the same error (ORA-01017)

TIA Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 16:19:05 CDT