Re: Advice on learning Oracle?

From: Mike Moore <hicamel_at_mail.home.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 23:06:06 GMT

If you can learn from books then fine, save the $5k. You can get a hell of a lot of books for $5k, so get the Dummies book, and then get lots of others.

The fact that you don't know the difference between Java and JavaScript tells me a lot. :-) You've got a lot to learn. So jump in .... anywhere.

Java is a general purpose programming Object oriented language. JavaScript is not related to Java. JavaScript is a scripting language that in run by a web browser and helps facilitate dynamic web pages.

good luck
Mike