Re: tables in "scott"

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 16:32:29 +0200

"bullseye" <bullseye35_at_deletethefunnies@excite.com> wrote in message news:enFz6.726$l5.44797_at_typhoon.nyc.rr.com...
> Learning 8i.
> I can connect to "scott" in SQL. Trying to figure out what tables exist
 in
> scott. Tried "desc scott", didn't work. Tried "select * from scott",
 that
> didn't work either. Is there a command that tells you what tables exist
 in
> scott? (Or any database for that matter?)

select table_name
from user_tables

for your own tables

select owner, table_name
from all_tables

for all tables you have access too

select owner, table_name
from dba_tables

to see all tables in the database (must have select_catalog_role)

and of course
select * from dict

to see how the datadictionary is made up.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Apr 07 2001 - 09:32:29 CDT