Augh! SQL Plus not running commands! Help!

From: The Nomad <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 04:23:48 GMT

Hey all,

I have a file that contains around 2000 lines - but I can't get SQL Plus to run it. I've tried everything the documentation says, but it keeps crapping out. I grabbed the first few lines from the file (it pukes on the '/' on the second line):

 ALTER TABLE SSSENTRYATTR DROP CONSTRAINT FK_SSSENTRYATTR_SSSATTRLIST
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSENTRYATTR DROP CONSTRAINT FK_SSSENTRYATTR_SSSBATREE
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSBATREE DROP CONSTRAINT FK_ENTRYCAT_ENTRYID
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSATTRLIST DROP CONSTRAINT FK_ATTRCAT
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSLOGTABLE DROP CONSTRAINT FK_LOGSOURCES
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSENTRYACCESS DROP CONSTRAINT FK_SSSACCBATREE
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSENTRYACCESS DROP CONSTRAINT FK_SSSENTACCTYP
/

 ALTER TABLE SSSBATREE DROP CONSTRAINT FK_USERMAP
/

The file is named part.sql. I use the command GET PART and it loads the file into the buffer. I then type either RUN or '/' to run, and SQL Plus replies :

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-01735: invalid ALTER TABLE option

Ok, so I took out the '/', and tried a semi-colon at the end of each line. SQL Plus replies:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

I have tried many combinations of ';', '/' and '.' to no avail! Why can I paste in the commands and they work, but loading in a file containing the commands doesn't work?

Very frustrating! Can anyone help?

Configuration

Oracle 8.1.7
Win2k Received on Sat Apr 07 2001 - 23:23:48 CDT