Re: statistiques net8

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:38:25 +0200

Comments embedded

<y.abiad_at_waika9.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I need to tune an application to know what excatly bytes its sql*net send
> and receive,
> and determine what is the heavy request (request who fetch and send a lot
 of
> data)
> I know that V$SYSSTAT can help, but
> The pb is i dont have the dba privileges on the server, only CONNECT and
> RESOURCE.
Try mystat, or v$mystat. You will see the your current session. Everyone has access to this view.

> Is the request OK to have a net trafic ?
> sql> set autotrace on
> sql> select num_rows*avg_row_len from user_tables ;
> sql> analyse table emp delete statistics ;
> sql> analyse table emp estimate statistics ;
> sql> select num_rows*avg_row_len from user_tables ;

This has nothing to do with net traffic

> I also tried this :
> sql> alter session set sql_trace=true ;
> sql> @batch_sql
> $ tkprof *.trc res
> I didnt seen sql*net traces...

This again has nothing to do with net traffic.

> yhab.abiad-sica_at_renault.com

If you really want to trace sqlnet
edit your sqlnet.ora and add/change

trace_level_client = 16
trace_unique_client = true
trace_directory_client = <any sensible directory>

If you want to trace *all* connections
edit sqlnet.ora on the server in the same fashion and replace the word client above with server.
Be prepared to have sufficient disk space ready.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Apr 07 2001 - 04:38:25 CDT