Re: Help - getting a RowSet from Oracle Function

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 06:35:35 -0700

Hello, Nomad!

I've also been struggling with returning a result set from a stored procedure. I come from a SQL Server background, and I was accustomed to the ease at which you can return any kind of result set with SQL Server. I'm very disappointed with Oracle's implementation with respect to returning a result set to the client (JDBC). It's so different and I can imagine that writing a "universal" client that would handle any RDBMS on the back-end would be difficult when Oracle is the back-end. :-(