Re: 8i max columns

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:04:11 -0700

I'm glad you asked. Still the wrong solution. The correct solution is:

Questionnaire_no NUMBER(3),

Question_no           NUMBER(3),
Answer_value         CHAR(1)

or something like that. Think vertically not horizontally. The above table would hold an unlimited number of questionnaires with an unlimited number of questions. That some something impossible to handle if you try it the other way.

Daniel A. Morgan