Re: Database link problem

From: Burnet Roland <roland.burnet_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:26:20 +0200

xmark.powell_at_eds.com.x wrote:

> In article <3ACB3880.18389256_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr>, Burnet Roland
> <roland.burnet_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr> writes:
> >but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post.
> >First excuse me for my bad English language
> >Always two data bases :
> >The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by
> >machine1.my_domain
> >The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by
> >machine2.my_domain
> >
> >With SQLPlus I am connected to the second one with user2/pass2_at_trieves
> >
> >SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1
> > 2 using 'orcl';
> >
> >Lien de base de données créé. (Database link created)
> >
> >SQL> select * from departement_at_orcl;
> >select * from departement_at_orcl
> > *
> >ERREUR à la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :)
> >ORA-02085: lien de base de données ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte à
> >ORCL.WORLD
> > (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to
> >ORCL.WORLD)
> >
> >Whereas in the same SQLplus windows
> >
> >SQL> connect user1/pass1_at_orcl;
> >
> >Connecté. (connected)
> >SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;
> >
> > NUM_DPT NOM_DPT
> >---------- ----------------------------------------
> > 4 Hautes Alpes
> >
> >Same problem, if the database link is created public
> >The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain.
> >world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file
> >
> >Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to
> >US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is
> >possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >R. Burnet.
>
> I do not know the exact answer to your question, but I do know how I fixed
> basically the same error in my 8.1.7 test db. Add the domain name,
> my_domain, to the Net 8 alias in the database link, orcl.my_domain, and the
> tnsnames.ora entrty should also include the domain name. This should
> eliminate the error.
>
> -- Mark D. Powell --

> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse_at_newsone.net

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is the same. But I have done a mistake in the password in the database link creation, and when I send a select command this is the new error message :

*ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied ORA-02063: preceding line from machine2.my_domain

This new message seems to mean that the remote database was reached since the logon is denied. So I don't understand why the database is not responding when the password is correct. Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 10:26:20 CDT