Database link problem

From: Burnet Roland <roland.burnet_at_grenoble.cemagref.fr>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:06:40 +0200

but not the same as Pierre HIRTH's last post. First excuse me for my bad English language Always two data bases :
The first one on Oracle 8.0.5 SID = ORCL and hosted by machine1.my_domain
The second one on Oracle 8.1.7 service name = trieves hosted by machine2.my_domain

With SQLPlus I am connected to the second one with user2/pass2_at_trieves

SQL> create database link orcl connect to user1 identified by pass1   2 using 'orcl';

Lien de base de données créé. (Database link created)

SQL> select * from departement_at_orcl;
select * from departement_at_orcl

                          *

ERREUR à la ligne 1 : (Error at line 1 :) ORA-02085: lien de base de données ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM se connecte à ORCL.WORLD
           (database link ORCL.US.ORACLE.COM is connecting to ORCL.WORLD) Whereas in the same SQLplus windows

SQL> connect user1/pass1_at_orcl;

Connecté. (connected)
SQL> select * from departement where num_dpt=4;

   NUM_DPT NOM_DPT

         4 Hautes Alpes

Same problem, if the database link is created public The DB_DOMAIN parameter is set to my_domain. world is the value of NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE in sqlnet.ora file

Could someone tell me why the database link tries a connection to US.ORACLE.COM when this string is not in the Oracle parameters and it is possible to connect to orcl ? (Obviously Tnsnames.ora seems right)

Thanks in advance.

R. Burnet. Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 10:06:40 CDT