Re: I've a problem with the DATABASE LINK

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:21:25 +0200

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:14:58 +0200, "Pierre HIRTH" <p.hirth_at_sbm.mc> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have two oracle databases (recettes and testrct) and a user SBM for each
>database
>
>SQL> connect sbm/sbm_at_recettes
>Connecté.
>SQL> create database link testrct
> 2 connect to SBM identified by SBM
> 3 USING 'testrct'
> 4 ;
>
>Database link created.
>

>SQL> connect sbm/sbm_at_testrct
>Connecté.
>
>SQL> select * from brigade_at_testrct;
>select * from brigade_at_testrct
> *
>ERREUR à la ligne 1 :
>ORA-02085: lien de base de données TESTRCT se connecte à RCT
>
>Some one could help me
>
>Thank's

This is a TFAQ (Too Frequently Asked Question) (and you could well have searched google, it would have resolved your problem)
But anyway:
you have your global_names init.ora parameter set to true, which requires is database link name to be identical to the global_name of the database.
So either set the parameter to false (and bounce the database) or correct either the link name or the global database name. You can change the global database name by issuing alter database rename global_name to ... (string *without* quotes)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 09:21:25 CDT