Re: I've a problem with the DATABASE LINK

From: Achille Carette <achyl_at_infonie.be>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:12:25 +0200

I've found the following in the Oracle doc:

ORA-02085 database link string connects to string Cause: The database link attempted to connect to a database with a different name. The name of the database link must be the same name as the name of the database.
Action: Create a database link with the same name as the database to which it connects.

The following initialization parameter plays a role too :

GLOBAL_NAMES specifies whether a database link is required to have the same name as the
database to which it connects. If the value of GLOBAL_NAMES is FALSE, then no check is
performed. If you use or plan to use distributed processing, Oracle Corporation
recommends that you set this parameter to TRUE to ensure the use of consistent naming
conventions for databases and links in a networked environment.

Hope i helped,

Achille Carette