Re: I've a problem with the DATABASE LINK

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:05:39 +0100

It looks to me like you are trying to use the database link from the wrong database.

If you are in recettes database and create the link to testrct there, you should stay in that database and do
select * from brigade_at_testrct;

If you want to reach data in recettes from testrct, you should create a link this this:
connect sbm/sbm_at_testrct
create database link recettes connect to SBM identified by SBM USING 'recettes';

The reason it doesn't work when you are in testrct is that there is no database link defined there. Also, you might want to try making a public database link instead, but the above appears to be your problem.