jrew problem on 8i install

From: Rux <ruxemus_at_spamless.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:03:56 -0700

I'm having problems posting this. If this is a repeat, my apologies.

I'm a newbie having a problem installing Oracle 8i on a Windows ME platform.
The first time I tried, I had a destination file problem. I found the solution on this newsgroup - adding a jrew=0x00080000 line in win.ini. When I
tried again, I got further in the installation, but about halfway through got
a jrew accessing <unknown> error. The installation, however, continued in the
background, but finally crashed during the installation of the sample database. So I restarted, uninstalled using the UI, started again, and this
time got through the main installation with no errors. But again, after the
main installation was complete, the program crashed (illegal operation - will
be shut down) after 1% of the database was created. This happened in two more
attempts. Now I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Remove
spamless in the email address to email me. Thanks! Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 12:03:56 CDT