Oracle 8i to Sybase V11 ODBC Connectivity issue

From: colm hoban <choban_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:41:59 GMT

I have a question with respect to Heterogenous Services. I am connecting to a Sybase server using ODBC from within 8i using a DB link, but whenever I try to select anything form a remote table on Sybase I get a TABLE NOT FOUND error. This is due to the fact that Sybase expects the table name in mixed case whereas the ODBC output from Oracle is all in upper case. I can't change the default case sensitivity of the Sybase DB, so any ideas, other than the gateway product, which is way too expensive, on how to overcome this from the Oracle side.

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 19:41:59 CDT