Re: Unnecessary table scans

From: Steve Grant <Steve.Grant_at_signet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:29:38 +0100

Hi,
Our data is uniformly distributed so we are not using histograms. Perhaps we should be using them anyway ?
I'm told by our DBA's that the parameters are okay although I haven't got the knowledge to prove this.

The values of the parameters you mentioned are db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8

sort_area_size=1048576
sort_area_retained_size=0
hash_area_size=20971520
hash_multiblock_io_count =0